The SRA have asked all regulated law firms who carry out Employment Law services to publish information on average Tribunal matters. We believe there is no such thing as an average Tribunal matter; we treat each matter on its own merits. More complex matters may result in additional charges and a longer timescales. Please feel free to contact us if you are unsure whether this pricing information would apply to your case.
What is the price range for this service?
- Simple cases – £5,000.00 to £7,000.00 plus VAT
- Medium complexity cases – £7,000.00 to £9,000.00 plus VAT
- High complexity cases – £9,000.00 to £12,000.00 plus VAT
Factors that make a case more complex may include:
- If it is necessary to make applications to amend claims or to provide further information about an existing claim
- Complex preliminary issues
- Strike out/ deposit order/ costs applications
- The number of witnesses and documents
- If it is an automatic unfair dismissal claim (e.g. whistleblowing)
- Allegations of discrimination which are linked to the dismissal
What hourly rates do you charge?
- Senior Associate – £225.00 per hour
- Solicitor – £180.00 per hour
What disbursements will I need to pay?
- Counsel Fees of £1,000.00 – £2,000.00 plus VAT. (This figure is an estimated fee for unfair or wrongful dismissal, based on a 1-day hearing. This may vary due to the seniority of Counsel, and the volume of documents to be considered.)
Will I be charged VAT?
- We charge VAT on our fees. Counsel will charge VAT on their fees too.
What steps are involved?
- Reviewing papers & advising on prospects (1 week)
- Dealing with Early ACAS Conciliation (4 weeks)
- Drafting ET1 claim form outlining claim (2 weeks)
- Reviewing ET3 response to the claim from the Respondent and advising on contents (2 weeks)
- Drafting schedule of loss (2 weeks)
- Disclosure of documents to the Respondent (4 weeks)
- Agreeing bundle with the Respondent (4 weeks)
- Drafting and exchanging witness statements (8 weeks)
- Reviewing the Respondent’s witness statements and advising you on the contents (1 week)
- Preparing list of issues and/ or chronology (1 week)
- Final hearing preparation and attendance (1 week)
- Exploring settlement and negotiating settlement throughout the process.
The stages set out above are an indication of a typical case. If some of stages above are not required the fee will be reduced accordingly.
The timings are based on typical Employment Tribunal directions timetable (where applicable). The time that it takes from taking initial instructions to the final resolution of the matter depends largely on the stage at which the case is resolved. If a settlement is reached during pre-claim conciliation, the case is likely to take 4 weeks. If the claim proceeds to a final hearing the case is likely to take in the region of 26 weeks (and possibly longer given Employment Tribunals are very busy in light of fees being scrapped to bring claims in 2017). This is just an estimate and we will be able to more accurate timescales once have more information and as the matter progresses.
What services are included in the price?
- All of the above.
What services may be required in addition to the above, and what will they cost?
- For most matters no other services should be required.
Who will handle my matter?
- Your Client Care Letter will let you know who is dealing with your matter. More information on your Fee Earner can be found by clicking on their names below:
Who supervises the work?