Leasehold properties require careful management. Freeholders and management companies are required to follow various statutory procedures to recover monies from leaseholders. Where arrears accrue, early intervention is required before the debt exceeds the leaseholder’s ability to pay.
Our specialist property litigation team regularly advise various stakeholders including leaseholders, freeholders, management companies and management agents.
Our expertise includes:
- Ground rent and service charge disputes
- Section 20 consultations
- Tribunal applications
- Breaches of lease
- Variations of lease
- Freehold disposals.
- Leasehold enfranchisement and extensions
- Title and ownership disputes
- Possession claims
- Professional negligence claims
- Construction disputes
Our approach is objective-driven and we work with clients and their professional advisors to deliver effective outcomes be this through service of notices, negotiation, mediation or litigation.
Recent case highlights include:
- Obtaining a decision in the Tribunal on behalf of a RTM company regarding the interpretation of leases to allow essential fire safety works at multi-storey premises to be funded.
- Recovery of outstanding Section 20 monies to allow a RTM company to undertake maintenance works.
- Resolution of professional negligence claims where parties have not followed the correct procedure to demand service charges and Section 20 monies.
- Recovery of service charge arrears for management companies.
- Advising freeholders and management companies on the variation of leases where premises are developed.