Chester: 01244 354800
Liverpool: 0151 3210000
  The Law Society Accredited
Nightingale House Hospice

Nightingale House Hospice is getting ready to launch its Hot Air Balloon. They will fly the skies across North Wales to promote its in-patient and out-patient services.

Jim Morris said, “We are delighted to support Nightingale House Hospice and are looking forward to their launch in August. The Balloon will raise awareness and the Hospice services will be able to reach more people.”

A Hospice is a place that offers support and care, both physically and emotionally, for people with a life limiting illness and focuses on quality of life and comfort measures including pain management. In 2019 Nightingale House supported over 400 patients, 76% of whom had a cancer diagnosis. The remaining 24% had a diagnosis of other life limiting illnesses. The patients and their families were supported by a specialist palliative care team including a vibrant Family Support Unit offering practical help and bereavement support including for children and young people who have lost a significant adult in their lives.  The patients received treatment that includes a wide range of therapeutic interventions that support their individual needs.

Despite the pandemic last year they were able to support the following:

167 In-patients

230 24hr Hospice advice line calls taken

163 Face to face day services attendances

279 Complementary therapy sessions

51 Heart failure out- patient attendances

771 Patient’s virtual/teleclinic assessments

501 Physiotherapy sessions

77 Adults referred to the family support team

114 Children referred to the family support team

35 Breathlessness management sessions

154 Out-patients appointments

46 Acupuncture sessions

633 Carers virtual/teleclinic assessments

It is hoped that by being more visible in these communities with the Build a Balloon promotion, it will allow easier access to our services for people beyond the Hospice’s immediate physical locality and encourage people who are reluctant or uncertain about coming into the Hospice itself to seek help and support. This is particularly important due to the effects of the pandemic and North Wales having a high number of cases. It is hoped that the information points will increase patient interactions by 25%.

For more details of the Build a Balloon Project Nightingale House Hospice

Back to News

Sign up to our newsletter

Get regular news & updates