Are you considering selling your property?
The SRA have asked all regulated law firms who carry out Residential Conveyancing to publish information on average Residential Sales matters. We believe there is no such thing as an average residential transaction; we like to treat each client as an individual. More complex matters may result in additional charges and longer timescales for completion.
Additionally, due to the impact of COVID-19 on the property market, many transactions are taking longer than usual. Some firms are reporting that standard transactions (those usually completed within 8 weeks) are taking up to 5 months. We will do our upmost to progress your sale in a timely manner.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries about the information below.
What is the price range for this service?
- Our pricing is dependent on the sale price of the property:
£0-100K – £650.00
£100-150K – £700.00
£150-200K – £750.00
£200-250K – £800.00
£250-300K – £850.00
£300-400K – £900.00
£400-500K – £950.00
£500-600K – £1,050.00
£600-700K – £1,100.00
£700-800K – £1,150.00
£800-900K – £1,200.00
£900- £1 Million – £1,400.00
- If the property is Leasehold, there may be an additional £295.00 charge.
What hourly rates do you charge?
- We do not charge for Residential work on an hourly basis. If your matter requires additional steps to be undertaken, you may be charged a fixed additional fee (please see “What services may be required in addition to the above, and what will they cost?” below).
What disbursements will I need to pay?
- Land Registry Office Copies – £3.00 per document, e.g. a copy of the Register and the Title Plan would cost £6.00, if the property is registered at the Land Registry.
Will I be charged VAT?
- We charge VAT on our fees but there is no VAT on most disbursements.
What steps are involved?
- Taking instructions and approving money laundering documentation and ID verification.
- Obtaining title information documents, preparation and drafting of contract. Sending contract pack to purchaser’s solicitor. In the case of leasehold properties, making contact with the managing agents to obtain the seller’s pack.
- Requesting redemption statements.
Steps 1-3 are usually done within five working days of receiving client’s completed initial documentation.
- Responding to enquiries raised by the purchaser’s solicitors. These will be dealt with within five working days however further documentation including leasehold seller’s packs will be forwarded to the buyer’s solicitor as soon as received.
- Obtaining signatures to contract and transfer deeds. Replying to requisitions on title within two days of receipt from the buyer’s solicitor.
- Exchanging contracts and agreeing completion date once all parties are ready. This will be dealt with expeditiously but will depend on the parties in the chain.
- Completion. All completions will be dealt with expeditiously on the agreed completion date.
What services are included in the price?
- Carrying out the legal work involved in the sale of your house including the perusal of title documents, preparation and agreement of the contract and transfer, and repaying any mortgages or charges secured against the property.
What services may be required in addition to the above, and what will they cost?
Additional charges may be applicable for work and services required over and above the standard legal procedures in a conveyancing transaction. If we are aware of these at the outset we endeavour to include them in our estimate of charges. However, sometimes it only becomes apparent during a transaction that additional work will be required. For your assistance we have listed below some of the more common additional charges.
Where possible, we will give you a fixed price, however sometimes we can only tell you that an hourly charge will apply. Should this be necessary we shall advise you of the hourly rate prior to commencing the additional work and obtain your authority to do so.
|Additional Work||Charge (excl VAT)|
|Purchase/sale of additional plot/piece of land with a separate title||To be agreed depending on parcel and price|
|If a property is being purchased through an Auction (does not include a fee for checking the auction pack nor does it cover attendance at the auction)||Minimum of £450 depending on price|
|If the property is being purchased as a Buy to Let with specialist Lender||£200.00|
|If you require completion to take place in less than 14 days from exchange of contracts||No charge|
|If we are instructed in a contract race with more than one buyer||No charge|
|Straight forward Declarations of Trust||£250.00|
|Deed of Covenant (each)||£250.00|
|Deed of Postponement||£150.00|
|Defective Title||Hourly rate|
|Gifted Deposit from third party||£50.00|
|Help to Buy Scheme||£150.00|
|HMO if the property is bought or sold with multiple occupation||£125.00|
|Arranging Indemnity Insurance (excluding the cost of the insurance policy)||£100.00|
|If the lender has their own representation or you are using a non-high street lender||£450.00|
|Licence to assign on leasehold properties||£150.00|
|New build Properties (if not aware when instructed)||£150.00|
|If your lender requires occupiers to sign a consent or release||£50.00|
|If there are other solicitors related to the transaction, either dealing with a related sale/purchase or matrimonial||£100.00|
|If the property is sold under an existing Power of Attorney||£50.00|
|If the Seller is an executor on a probate sale||£75.00|
|If we need to remove a notice, caution or restriction (each)||£95.00|
|Shared ownership leases||£150.00|
|If there are solar panels on the property and subject to a lease||£250.00|
|Statutory declaration or statement of truth||£95.00|
|If we are required to draft or approve a tenancy agreement||£195.00|
|If a charge is to be transferred/ported to another property||£75.00|
|Transfer of Equity||£350.00|
|Transfer of Part||£350.00|
|If the title to the property is to be upgraded with the Land Registry (excluding Land Registry Fee)||£50.00|
|If we have to apply for registration at the Land Registry prior to sale (excluding Land Registry fee)||£150.00|
|Where retentions are required||£100.00|
These prices are ex VAT
Who will handle my matter?
- Your Client Care Letter will let you know who is dealing with your matter. More information on your Fee Earner can be found by clicking on their names below:
- With more than 70 years of collective experience, the Residential Team are ably assisted by:
Who supervises the work?
Residential Sales Team
Head of Residential Conveyancing
Head of Property
Senior Plot Conveyancer