DTM Legal together with Mitchell Charlesworth would be delighted if you could join them at their Charity Governance webinar where they will analyse the different structures a charity can take, the pros, cons and requirements of each, as well as reviewing the different responsibilities of members, directors and trustees.
Alison Brennan of law firm DTM Legal will look at the constitution of charities and the legal responsibilities of the Charity, managing conflicts of interest, good governance of the same including leadership, purpose, decision making/risk and control.
Louise Casey of Mitchell Charlesworth Chartered Accountants will discuss board responsibilities including how to protect charity money, knowing the charity’s financial position, keeping accurate financial records, managing expenses and payments to trustees and dealing with financial problems quickly.
Agenda & Speakers:
- How do board responsibilities transfer to the finances and financial statements
- What does good financial governance look like?
- I/E or Audit and what does this mean?
- Reporting responsibilities
- Trustee report content
- Forms of charity/constitutions
- Responsibilities – Charity Commission and Companies Act
- Personal liabilities of trustees and the protection available
- Managing conflicts of interest
- Good governance – leadership, purpose, decision making/risk/control.
Friday 12 November 2021, 11:00am – 12:00 noon
Book your place on the Webinar:
If you would like to join us please book your place here . You will receive automatic confirmation of your booking via GoToWebinar and reminders nearer the time.
*Unfortunately we are unable to accept bookings from accountancy firms or lawyers.